Poles and Accessories
Nordic Walking Poles & The Nordic Kiwi Philosophy
To get the most out of your Nordic Walking poles - whether you are using them for exercise, to improve your health and fitness, for an event, recreation (or hiking), we believe that you should learn the correct Nordic Walking technique before you invest in poles.
We import Exel Nordic Walking poles into New Zealand. EXEL is the original company that introduced Nordic Walking in it's modern form. Exel is a leading producer of high-end products for various pole market segments. Exel's Nordic Walking concept incorporates innovative products, parts and accessories. In addition, Exel has created educational programming for training techniques, instruction, and warm-up and stretching exercises.
We suggest you contact one of our New Zealand qualified Instructors listed on the Instructor's page to help you make the right selection for you.The instructors will help you with your introduction to Nordic Walking and assist you to purchase the correct-size poles or any of the other equipment listed below.
For further information, please contact: 0800 NORDIC (667342).
Exel "Camino Red" - For Health & Fitness Walking (3-5+ times per week)
- This is Exel's most popular pole combining features suitable for recreational walkers through to marathon competitors.
- The Exel Nordic Walker Pole is the ideal pole for people who walk to improve their general health and fitness.
- Its carbon fibre composition aids in the shock absorption from pole strike. No other pole has a pronated handle which is ergonomically shaped to allow a natural grip. This is particularly important for people who have difficulties in gripping or have less than full use of their hands.
- Equipped with a CR strap for easy adjustment and designed to hold the hand closer to the handle which encourages the proper hand release phase, this strap also maintains blood circulation.
- Nordic Walking specialists recommend a fixed length pole. The shaft has a lifetime guarantee and replacement asphalt paws are readily available.
- "Trainer" only available in lengths from 105cm to 135cm.
RRP - $190 GST incl.
Exel Nordic "Adjust" - Adjustable For Travellers
- We recommend that the best pole, for stability and power, is a one-piece pole.
- However, for people who are travelling and still want to be able to Nordic Walk, then the Exel Travelfit Nordic Walking is the solution.
- The poles are adjustable in length - therefore, one size fits all.
- Equipped with comfortable Nordic Walking straps, durable carbide metal tips for off-road use and removable natural rubber boot-shaped Nordic Walking fitness tips/asphalt paws for hard surfaces.
- "Evolution" cork and thermo grip handle and strap for all around hand support and pole control.
- These poles adjust in length from 61cm to 135cm and fit into most smaller suitcases - (many twist-lock poles do not).
- The shaft has a two-year guarantee and replacement asphalt paws are readily available.
- Colour: Combination cobalt blue/charcoal
Normally RRP - $240, NOW a special price of $199 GST incl.
The Nordic Walking Asphalt Paw
The lightweight and sleek Control Asphalt Paw is made from the same material as car tires for excellent improved grip. The Control Asphalt Paw provides maximum grip throughout all stages of the pole cadence and can be relied upon whatever the weather conditions. The paw effectively absorbs pole impact when walking on hard surfaces. It comes as a regular accessory with the Nordic Walker® Trainer poles. The Asphalt Paw should be removed when used on soft surfaces, such as grass or dirt. Control asphalt paw
In addition the Nordic Walker® spiketip works best in off pavement conditions without the Paw. Please keep in mind that the Paws gradually wear and should be replaced when there is very little surface material left. Replacement Paws can be obtained by contacting: sales@NordicKiwi.co.nz
Nordic Walker® Gloves
These breathable, specifically designed Nordic Walking gloves help to absorb perspiration, protect your hands from sunlight and keep your hands warm in winter without moisture build-up.
Nordic Walker® gloves are offered in a full finger and half finger model. Sizes 6-11 (XS-XXL)
1 x pair - $40.00 or 2 x pairs - $60.00
(Current glove stock may vary from pictures shown)